MAMT||Museo Mediterraneo dell' Arte, della Musica e delle Tradizioni (EN)

The MAMT- Mediterranean Museum of Art, Music and Traditions is an institution created by the Fondazione Mediterraneo with the aim “to experience” in an interactive way, the positive emotions of Our Sea through Arts, Music and Traditions. The MAMT is one of the most important initiatives of Fondazione Mediterraneo: an active space created in order to let communicate Arts, Music and Traditions of the Mediterranean contemporary society. The awareness of a past full of ancient traditions is the base for the construction of a rational and connected humanity: the vastness of the Mediterranean area collects together the responsibility, the hard work and intelligence with the ability to share spaces and cultures. Today, more than ever, the sense of future is given by the awareness of the sorrow, of the conflicts and at the same time by the ability to share joys and bond.
Art and Music are since ever the tool of communication and sharing of the humanity that, in a particular “Mediterranean” path, allows us to overtake the violence of the human being that showed itself in his greater brutality in countries as Bosnia, Palestine, Syria and other places: as testify of this there are Bosnia, in order not to forget and Suffering and Hope in the world, exhibitions of the museum.

At the same time there are symbols inviting to meeting and hope appear in lands of desolation and Hush: The Ferrigno Nativity Scene, the exhibition a Sea, three Faiths, the Peace and the Last Neapolitan Supper are part of the Museum.
Near the Totem of Peace and other works by Mario Molinari, sculptor of the color, accompanies the lonely journey of freedom, the Dreamlike World of John Crown and the desire of participation and recognition of the role of women in the Mediterranean in the exhibition “Breaking the Veils, women artists of Islamic World”.
Fado, Flamenco, Tango and Sirtaki, the Song of Naples, the Great Lyric Operas, Arabic Music and the Classics of all the times catch the attention of the audience with the acoustic perfection of the “Music hall” of the Museum.
The section dedicated to Pino Daniele has a particular meaning.
The warm of the Mediterranean human nature and the awareness of the necessity to keep track, the the wealth and the fertility find in the “Section Architecture” – with the Associated presences of Alvaro Siza, Ciamarra Picas, Vittorio Di Pace, Nicola Pagliara, Marco Introini and others - and in the Voices of the Migrants and other strong point.
The artworks of Pietro and Rino Volpe mark Mediterranean signs in which the culture and the literature merge with the creativity making a unique collection.
A collection of HD video about the most important sites of the Campania Region will accompany the tourists of cruises and the visitors in the whole building: the ground floor facing on Municipio Square will host an info-point unique in its kind. The MAMT is also an articulated system of services in the heart of the city of Naples: the library, the emeroteque, the music hall, salt conventions, the restaurants, the Euromedcafé, the residences and the bookshop receive the visitor with sympathy and enthusiasm: that enthusiasm of the Mediterranean!

The president Michele Capasso, the director Pia Molinari - together with all the members of the Fondazione Mediterraneo, of the Federazione Anna Lindh Italy and of the Museum of Peace - MAMT - remember with love Sister Maria Pia Giudici stressing her support for the Totem for Peace and for the activities associations, visits to the Museum, meetings with young people and the poor from various countries, participation in the "Kimiyya" meeting for women's rights and many other moments that have characterized the last decade, leaving an indelible mark of a great friend.
President Capasso mourns the Mother, the Sister and the Friend keeping in his heart his definition of "Hunter of the positive and all that is True, Beautiful, Good"
.

Read more: ...

President Michele Capasso participated in the Ceremony of rotation of the Inter-regional Carabinieri Commander "Ogaden". General Adolfo Fischione will take over from the Army Corps General Vittorio Tomasone from February 3, 2020. General Tomasone leaves, after almost 50 years of military life, of which 21 months spent at the Command of the Interregional "Ogaden", active service in the weapon. At the rotation, in front of a training unit deployed in arms in the historic barracks "Salvo D'Acquisto", together with the flag of the war and the fanfare of the 10th Carabinieri Regiment "Campania", the Commander General of the Weapons attended, Army Corps General Giovanni Nistri, and numerous religious, civil and military authorities in the capital. There was also a large representation of Carabinieri from the territorial and specialized departments operating in the areas under the responsibility of the "Ogaden" Interregional, as well as delegates from the bodies of the Military Representation, orphans and family members of victims of duty, comrades on leave, fighting associations and weapon. In the hours preceding the ceremony, General Tomasone honored Vice Brigadier Salvo D’Acquisto, Gold Medal for Military Valor "in memory", by placing a flower cushion at the Hero's tomb in the Basilica of Santa Chiara. During the farewell greeting, General Tomasone first of all addressed a moving thought to those who sacrificed their lives for the weapon and for our beloved country, to the many wounded fellow soldiers on duty and to all the families affected in their affections. Below he thanked all the Carabinieri of the "Ogaden" for the commitment, professionalism and self-sacrifice daily in favor of the local communities and for the important results obtained in the action of prevention and repression of all forms of illegality. In turn, General Fischione expressed satisfaction with the high position conferred on him, ensuring the utmost commitment in order to further enhance the activity of the Carabinieri in the Regions of Campania, Abruzzo, Basilicata, Molise and Puglia.
During short talks with the Commander General Nistri, General Stefanizzi and General Fischione, President Capasso declared the joy and full availability of the Foundation to host the “L'Arma” exhibition in the near future at the Museum of Peace - MAMT of the Carabinieri, in the Faithful Centuries”
.

Read more: ...

The eleventh anniversary is dedicated to the 600 years since the construction of Brunelleschi's dome in Florence.
In the Museum, videos, images and documents on the dome are available and images, films, interviews and significant pages on the symbolic building of the City of Florence are projected.
“Brunelleschi's dome is still the largest masonry ever built today. With an octagonal base, its external diameter is 54.8 meters while the internal diameter is 45.5 meters. With this masterpiece, conventionally, the great season of Humanism and the Renaissance begins, "says architect president Michele Capasso, a scholar of Brunelleschi and the Dome.
The Dome is above all the symbol of the Universe, of its order and its beauty. For Christians it speaks of God and his reunification with men. Leon Battista Alberti was among the first admirers of the great work of Filippo Brunelleschi. The appreciations and studies on the Brunelleschi's Dome never stopped. Such is its charm that for generations the passion for understanding and explaining the 'machine' of the Dome continues to arouse lively debates among specialists.
The problem of "turning the dome" arose at the Santa Maria del Fiore Opera since 1418: invitations were made, tenders and consultations were requested, aware of the complex nature of the construction. It was a question of solving the octagon of the drum (the dome tax), inherited from Talenti, Benci di Cione, Giovanni d'Ambrogio and others, and of solving the greatest technical problem of the West of those decades. Finally in 1420 the choice fell on Filippo Brunelleschi. On 7 August of that year, construction work on the dome began to end, until the base of the lantern, on August 1, 1436. The lantern with a cone-shaped cover, designed by Brunelleschi, was built only after the death of the artist (1446) and the golden copper ball with the cross, by Andrea del Verrocchio, containing sacred relics, was placed in 1466
.

Read more: ...

Like every year, the Museum of Peace held various events with school students and various groups of visitors on the occasion of the "Memorial Day".
In the Sala Israel - inaugurated by Shimon Peres - various videos were projected, some unpublished, too, on the Shoah and on the deportation of Jews to the various concentration camps.
Emotion and participation in particular by looking at the testimonies of Andra and Tatiana Bucci on the occasion of their visit to the Peace Museum. Their story is moving: daughters of a Jewish mother, in 1944 - when they were only 6 and 4 years old - they were deported to Auschwitz and survived.
Today Tatiana lives in Brussels, while Andra between the United States and Europe.
On this occasion, the book "Storia di Sergio" by Alessandra Viola, Andra Bucci and Tatiana Bucci was presented: the story of their Neapolitan cousin who died in concentration camps
.

Read more: ...

The tenth anniversary is dedicated to the hundredth anniversary of Chiara Lubich's birth.
Many intellectuals and religious intervened in the multimedia rooms of the Museum where - in the section "The great protagonists of history" - videos, images and documents on Chiara are available: a woman who with gentleness and rigor has spread the Gospel and interreligious dialogue.
On this occasion, images, films, interviews and significant pages written by Chiara Lubich were screened
.

Read more: ...